NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
HealthGains operates under a strict set of privacy principles, taking care to respect the privacy of its online “VISITORS” (visitors and/or members). To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this web site and notice of privacy health practices. This site contains links to other sites. HealthGains is not responsible for the privacy practices and/or the content of such web sites.
The Information We Collect
Information that can identify any online visitor is collected only when voluntarily offered by the visitor. In cases where AAG may need personal information to provide visitors with products and/or services tailored specifically for them, or to inform then about new features, products and/or services, visitors are asked explicitly for that information. AAG web site uses several order forms for members and visitors to request information, products, and services. Personal contact information (such as first and last name, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc.) and billing data (such as account or credit card numbers) is collected. The latter is used only to effect billing for products and services ordered by the member or visitor. Other contact information from the order form may be used to send orders and information about AAG to our members and web visitors. We will not disclose any of your personal information unless you authorize us to do so, the law requires it, or to protect the rights or property of AAG.
AAG’s Web site employs an optional “E-mail newsletter” mechanism through which members and visitors provide their E-mail address to allow the electronic transmission of company, product and/or service updates. Members and visitors also have the option of providing additional information that will only be used for internal purposes and not sold and/or leased to third parties.
AAG Web site also may collect non-personal information from online visitors in order to track the total of number of visitors to the site in aggregate form, identify the type of Internet browser (e.g., Netscape; Internet Explorer) and operating system (e.g., Windows, Macintosh, etc.) used by the visitor and/or to continuously improve the design of our Web site. For example, we may tell a third party advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our web site, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Why did you receive an email from us?
If you received a mailing from HealthGains, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (“opt-in”), or (b) you have registered on one of our forms, purchased or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
How we protect your privacy
HealthGains uses strict security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system.
Sharing and Usage
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information to anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to HealthGains employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to providing services relating to our communications with you.
How can you stop receiving email from us?
Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from us, or to change your expressed interests. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email. Or, reply to email with your written desire to stop receiving email. If you have received unwanted or unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
How We Use Information
AAG may use your personal information to send you periodic communications, solicit your feedback, provide you with special offers, or for other purposes and to customize the products and/or services we provide to you. Members and visitors may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time; see the choice/opt-out section, below. The AAG site also provides members and visitors the opportunity to opt-out of receiving other email-based communications from us at the point where we request personal contact information about the visitor.
Any non-personal information, communications or material you send to AAG by Internet electronic mail are on a non-confidential basis. AAG is free to use and reproduce any such information freely, and for any purpose whatsoever. The company reserves the right to use such information as part of our promotions and marketing. Specifically, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing products. Any information you send to AAG must be truthful, legal, and not violate the rights or intellectual property of others.
All AAG members are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of their passwords and/or other personal or non-personal account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
AAG uses the information you provide about yourself only to complete the visitor’s intended transaction. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that transaction. AAG uses return E-mail addresses to answer incoming E-mails we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
Our Commitment To Data Security
Protecting the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our visitors and members is of utmost concern to AAG. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable precautions to ensure its security on our systems. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
AAG web site gives members and Web site visitors the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future electronic communications or to no longer receive our service:
- Send removal/opt-out request via E-mail
- Contact us to request removal/opt-out preference using any of the contact methods listed at /remove/.
- Call (866) 734-5771 to request removal/opt-out preference.
This site gives members and visitors the following options for updating, changing and/or modifying information previously provided:
- Send information update via E-mail
- Contact us to provide information update using any of the contact methods listed at web site.
- Call (866) 734-5771 to provide information update
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections.
Our Commitment To Childrens Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, AAG never collects or maintains information at our web site from those we actually know are under the age of 18, and no part of our web site is structured to attract anyone under 18.
All AAG promotions, contests and sweepstakes are open only to persons over the age of 18. No information should be submitted to or posted at www.aaghealth.com by persons under 18 years of age, nor should any games, contests and/or sweepstakes be played by children under 18 years of age. AAG does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 and does not sell such information.
If we discover that we have received any information from a child under 18 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe AAG to have any information from or about anyone under 18, please contact us immediately at email@example.com
NOTICE OF HIPAA PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION.
Please review it carefully.
OUR PLEDGE REGARDING YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
We understand that information about you and your health is personal. We are committed to protecting your health information. We will create a personal record of the care and services you receive at HealthGains.
We need this record to provide you with quality care and to comply with certain legal requirements. This notice will tell you about the ways we may use and disclose your health information. We also describe your rights and certain obligations we have regarding the use and disclosure of your health information
WE ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO:
- Make sure that health information that identifies you is kept private.
- Give you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information.
- Follow the terms of the notice that is currently in effect.
WHO WILL FOLLOW THIS NOTICE
The notice describes the practices of HealthGains and that of any health care professional authorized to enter information into your medical record, including medical staff, all departments and units of HealthGains, all employees, staff, volunteers, and other personnel.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION:
Treatment – Your health information may be used by staff members or disclosed to other health care professionals for the purpose of evaluating your health, diagnosing medical conditions, and providing treatment. For example, results of laboratory tests and procedures will be available in your medical record to all health professionals who may provide treatment or who may be consulted by staff members.
Payment – Your health information may be used as necessary to support the day-to-day activities and management of HealthGains. For example, information on the services you received may be used to support budgeting and financial reporting, and activities to evaluate and promote quality. Law Enforcement-Your health information may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without your permission, to support government audits and inspections, to facilitate law enforcement investigations, and to comply with government mandated reporting.
Public Health Reporting – Your health information may be disclosed to public health agencies as required by law. For example, we are required to report certain conditions, reactions or communicable disease to the State’s Public Health Department:
- To prevent or control disease, injury or disability.
- To report reactions to medications or problems with products.
- To notify people of recalls of products they may be using.
- To notify a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition.
- To notify the appropriate government authority if we believe an adult patient has been the victim of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. We will only make this disclosure if you agree or when required or authorized by law.
Special Situations – Military and Veterans. If you are a member of the armed forces, we may release your health information as required by military command authorities. We may also release health information about foreign military personnel to the appropriate foreign military authority.
Lawsuits and Disputes – If you are involved in a lawsuit or a dispute, we may disclose your health information in response to a court or administrative order. We may also disclose your health information in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process by someone else involved in the dispute.
Blood Testing – While you are undergoing exams, a health care worker may accidentally be exposed to blood or other body fluids. If this occurs, your blood will be tested for the presence of certain diseases (for example, HIV, Hepatitis viruses). This is necessary to help protect the health care worker. The results of these tests will be a part of your medical record and will not be released except with your prior consent or as required by law.
OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES THAT REQUIRE YOUR AUTHORIZATION
Disclosure of your health information or its use for any purpose other than those listed above requires your specific written authorization. If you change your mind after authorizing a use of disclosure of your information, you may submit a written revocation. However, your decision to revoke the authorization will not affect or undo any use of disclosure of information that occurred before you notified us of your decision.
HealthGains is required by law to maintain the privacy of your protected health information and to provide you with this Notice of Privacy Practices. We are required to abide by the privacy policies and practices that are outlined in this notice.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You have certain rights under the Federal privacy standards. These include:
- The right to request restrictions on the use and disclosure of your protected health information.
- The right to receive confidential communications concerning your medical condition and treatment.
- The right to inspect and copy your protected health information.
- The right to amend or submit corrections to your protected health information.
- The right to receive an accounting of how and to whom your protected health information has been disclosed.
- The right to receive a printed copy of this notice.
ADDITIONAL USES OF INFORMATION
- Appointment reminders – Your health information will be used by our staff for appointment reminders.
- Information About Treatments – Your health information may be used to send you information on any recommended procedures or treatments relevant to the management of your medical condition.
- We may also send you information describing other health-related goods and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Changes to this Notice: We reserve the right to change this notice. We reserve the right to make the revised or changed notice effective for health information we already have about you, as well as any information we receive in the future.
Privacy notices will contain the effective date(s) on the last page of any acknowledgement you submit. We will post a copy of the current Notice of Privacy Practices at 20800 W. Dixie Hwy. Aventura, FL 33180
Complaints may be filed with HHS by Internet using the Administrative Simplification Enforcement Tool at http://htct.hhs.gov/.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies and/or the practices of this Web site, please contact us at:
20800 West Dixie Highway
Aventura, FL 33180
Phone: (866) 734-5771
Consent for Use & Disclosure of Health Information
* Purpose of Consent: By submitting your information to HealthGains online, you consent to our use and disclosure of your protected health information to carry out treatment, payment activities and healthcare operations including the use of such information in e-mail communications.
* Notice of Privacy Practices: You have the right to read our Notice of Privacy Practices and our E-MAIL POLICY before you decide whether to sign the consent and acknowledgement form. Our notice provides a description of the uses and disclosures we may make of your protected health information, and of other important matters about your protected health information.
* Our E-MAIL POLICY describes how we communicate via email including the use of your protected health information in such communications. We encourage you to read them carefully and completely before signing the consent and acknowledgement form. You may read these policies posted in our clinic at 20800 W. Dixie Hwy. Aventura, FL 33180 or request a copy of these policies at our front desk.
* Notice of E-MAIL POLICY: By submitting your information to HealthGains online or by e-mail, you consent to our receipt and transmission of e-mail messages with you, including messages that may contain your protected health information.
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices as described in our Notice of Privacy Practices and/or our E-mail policies as described in our E-MAIL POLICY above. If we change our practices, we will issue a revised Notice of Privacy Practices or a revised E-MAIL POLICY which will contain the changes, as applicable. Those changes may apply to any of your protected health information that we maintain.
You may obtain a copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices, including any revisions of our Notice and/or a copy of our E-MAIL POLICY, at any time by contacting us by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (866) 734-5771.
* Right to Revoke: You will have the right to revoke your consent at any time by giving us written notice of your revocation. Please understand that revocation of this consent will not affect any action we took in reliance upon this consent before we received your revocation, and that we may decline to treat you or to continue treating you if you revoke this consent.