If you are a regular reader of my blogs, you may be familiar with the more common signs of low testosterone, such as fatigue and sexual wellness issues.
Sometimes the signs of less than optimal levels of testosterone are a little less obvious though. Since testosterone helps regulate so many of your bodily functions, low testosterone can impact any number of areas.
Here are some less familiar indicators of low testosterone (also know as low T):
- Loss of Bone Mass – Men with low testosterone exhibit loss of bone mass or density. This may not be so obvious without a bone scan. However, the bones of men with low t can fracture more easily. For instance, if a relatively simple fall leads to a fracture, low T could be the problem.
- Heart Attack or Stroke – There has been a lot of controversy surrounding whether testosterone replacement therapy leads to an increased risk of heart attacks or not. But one thing that is less debatable is that men with low testosterone are at a greater risk of having a heart attack or stroke.
- A study published in 2014 looked at over 50 testosterone studies over the course of a decade. They found a very strong correlation between low testosterone and early death do to a cardiovascular event.
- Neuropathy – Neuropathy, is also known as nerve pain or numbness. This numbness is similar to that experienced by men with diabetes or other circulatory problems and can also be a sign of low T.
- Recent studies have shown that testosterone can help heal damaged nerves. By extension, chronic nerve pain could therefore be a symptom of low testosterone.
- Skin Issues – Itchy skin conditions such as of psoriasis, are worse when testosterone levels drop.
- Gaining Weight – Men with low T typically gain weight more easily and have more trouble losing it.
- Changes in Memory and Cognition – Cognitive difficulties are also related to low testosterone. For instance, if you experience memory loss, or difficulty concentrating, you may have low T.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms or even common symptoms of low testosterone, such as lack of energy and low libido, you may be a candidate for testosterone optimization.
Get ready to supercharge your life!
Testosterone Optimization for Low Testosterone
Testosterone optimization through the use of bioidentical hormone replacement, or BHRT is a very safe and effective way of treating any and all of the symptoms of low testosterone.
There are many benefits of testosterone optimization. Men who have been treated with bioidentical hormone replacement experience the following:
- Increased vitality
- Improved sleep
- Reduction of belly fat and increased muscle mass
- Improved bone density
- Improved cognition
- Improved mood
- Increases in libido and sexual performance
The only way to determine if you are a candidate for testosterone optimization is to have your testosterone levels checked by your doctor or by an expert. If you are suffering from low testosterone, you may benefit from BHRT.