Phentermine is one of a few current FDA approved diet pills. The thing about phentermine is, it is not some kind of miracle “weight loss drug.” It only works when it is used in conjunction with nutritional counselling, exercise, and an overall comprehensive weight loss plan.
That is why phentermine is part of my own personal approach to weight loss and weight management. In certain patients it can be very effective in helping them stick to their program and achieve their long term weight loss and fitness goals.
We do not exactly know how it helps people lose weight. We do know that it acts as a stimulant and an appetite suppressant.
Which means people who are on phentermine tend to eat less, and burn up more calories, which of course can lead to weight loss.
Get ready to supercharge your life!
How to Take Phentermine
This is only available with a doctor’s prescription. Your dose will be based on your medical history, lifestyle and weight loss goals.
The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to therapy. We may need to adjust your dose from time to time, until we find the best dose for you.
Remember, phentermine or any similar “diet pills” should never be used instead of dieting. Phentermine is only really effective when it used as part of a proper diet and exercise program.
Other Healthy Ways to Lose Weight
Phentermine could be critical to obtaining safe, effective and quick weight loss. But, in order to get the most out of a prescription, there are other thing you must do to let it help you!
Here are a few things you need to do along with phentermine to help you lose weight most effectively.
- Drink plenty of water – If you want to maximize the benefits of phentermine, drink lots of water. Drinking water is critical to any weight loss program. Being well hydrated means all of your body’s processes can act at peak performance. Drinking water raises your metabolism and helps you to burn fat. Drinking a lot of water also fills you up, and can add to the appetite suppressant qualities of phentermine.
- Proper Diet – It should go without saying that phentermine would be useless without making healthier food choices. Avoid fast foods, avoid processed foods, and avoid inflammatory grains. Concentrate on super foods and a Mediterranean style diet.
- Remember, you cannot lose weight effectively by “not eating.” You must eat, but eat the right foods. If you drop below a certain amount of calories per day, your body will go into “starvation mode,” and start to hold on to fat, rather than burn it. Your doctor should know how to suggest a diet for you that can help maximize its effectiveness of this prescription.
- For example, there are foods that you can eat that can make the active ingredients in phentermine stay in your system longer.
- Exercise – Sorry, as stated earlier, phentermine, though effective, is not some “magic pill,” that will make you lose weight without exercise. You need to exercise, and there are certain exercises that can make phentermine more effective. Any regular physical
activity will support your phentermine diet, however, cardio and strength training can really help you shed pounds while on phentermine.
- Stress Reduction – It is nearly impossible to lose weight, regardless of using phentermine, if you are highly stressed. Stress leads to stress overeating. Stress also throws off your hormonal balance, and can lead to insulin resistance, weakness, fatigue and other “diet killers.” As part of your comprehensive program that includes phentermine, we recommend stress reduction activities, such as breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, and/or Tai Chi.
- Hormone Therapy – And speaking of hormones, if you are between the ages of 35-55, your weight gain, and difficulties losing weight could be related to low hormone levels.
- Bringing your levels of critical hormones such as testosterone and growth hormone back into proper balance through hormone therapy, may also be part of your program.
- Doing so can raise your metabolism and increase your ability to burn fat. Boosting your hormone levels will also increase your energy so you will feel more motivated to exercise, and get more out of your work outs!
Have you or anyone you know tried any “age management” treatments? What were the results?
Start the conversation below.