The introduction of Viagra and related oral ED medications have ushered in a new era of treatments for erectile dysfunction. However, these drugs are not for everyone.
According to the most recent studies, more than 50% of all men have experienced erectile dysfunction, or ED, at some time or another. Nearly 40% of men between 35-45 have had to face the condition, and by the time you are over 65, you may be joining as many as 70% of your contemporaries who complain of ED, usually accompanied by a loss of libido or sex drive.
Fortunately, ED treatments have come a long way. We now have five oral ED medications available: the early introductions – Viagra, Cialis, Levitra – and newer ones, Stendra, Staxyn. While these drugs can be very effective, they are not indicated for all men suffering from ED. For example, men who suffer from diabetes, high-blood pressure, or who are taking nitrates should not take these drugs.
There are also many men who prefer not to use drugs, or have had some undesirable side-effects with oral ED drugs. This has led to the development of several alternative treatments for ED.
5 Alternatives to ED Medications
1. Penis Pumps and Vacuum Devices – Before the introduction of Viagra, penis pumps and vacuum devices were one of the only alternatives to implant surgery. While the idea may sound silly, these devices, when prescribed by a physician and your treatment monitored and supervised, can be a moderately successful alternative treatment for ED.
The way they work is the pumping action draws blood into the penis, and then you “hold it there” by applying an elastic band to the base of the penis. But, when used too often or incorrectly, they can cause injury or Peyronie’s Disease.
2. Trimix Injections – Trimix is a kind of intracavernous injection. That means it is self-injected directly into the penis. The needles are very thin and the injection is virtually pain free.
It is a unique blend of three medications that have proven to be a safe and effective alternative treatment option for men who are dealing with erectile dysfunction, or even for men that would just like to improve performance. Blood flow to the penis increases almost instantly upon injection.
3. MUSE Therapy – Similar to penile injections, is another treatment known as the “medicated urethral system for erection,” or MUSE. In MUSE therapy, tiny pellets containing medication similar to Trimix are inserted via the urethra into the penis before intercourse.
The pellets have been designed as an alternative for men who are just too squeamish to think about a penile injection, or who could never get used to doing the injections correctly. The MUSE method uses a disposable plastic applicator to insert a pellet about an inch into the urethra. From there, the drug is quickly absorbed by the surrounding tissue and reaches the corpora cavernosa, where it dilates the arteries, and provides a powerful and sustainable erection.
4. PRP Therapy – One of the latest and most effective alternative treatments for ED uses Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP. PRP uses the healing and growth factors in your own blood to improve your ability to obtain and maintain an erection.
One of the first such PRP treatments for ED to be introduced was the P-shot. In our practice we have improved upon the P-shot, and created our own proprietary PRP treatment known as the Gains Enhancement®. Unlike TriMix or other intracavernous injections, the Gains Enhancement is completely drug-free. Since it uses your own blood, there are little or no known side effects.
And, the Gains Enhancement is one of the only non-surgical ED treatments that can also increase penis size! Viagra, nor any other oral ED drug can make that claim!
5. Shockwave Therapy – Have you ever heard of shockwave therapy for ED? If you live in the US, probably not, because this treatment that has been successfully used for decades in Europe, is only just finding its ways to our shores. We spent months of research going through the data, coming to understand the technology, until we could create our own version, which we call the GAINSWave™.
A New Alternative to ED Medications
The GAINSWave is a revolutionary treatment for ED and male enhancement. It uses high frequency acoustical waves to open up old blood vessels, and to stimulate the formation of new vessels.
The vessels that supply blood to your penis break down or otherwise collapse over time. The mildly pulsating sound waves of the GAINSWave opens up these vessels and also causes new blood vessels to form.
The resulting improved blood flow, helps any man, and not just those with ED, to obtain stronger and more sustainable erections. The GAINSWave has a 90% success rate for improving sexual performance in men!
If you think Viagra and related ED drugs are your only choice for male enhancement, think again!
Contact our offices today to see if one of these remarkable treatments can give you the bedroom boost you have been looking for!